Ignite a Revolution
Find yourself at the forefront of the rapidly evolving communications industry, where innovators like you create solutions that challenge tradition and impact the world.
By the Numbers
- 2-time Stevie Award winning customer care division
- 170 countries reached through recent global expansion
- 10 office locations coast-to-coast and growing
MetTel is a leading global solution provider of communications technology for business, backed by the nation’s leading carriers. Recognized for our flexible and customer-driven approach, MetTel services countless universal brands, Fortune 500 organizations and the U.S. government, developing and implementing their tech strategies while revamping all operations with our proprietary cloud-platform.
With over 20 years of legacy experience, MetTel is now generating industry-buzz around our pioneering role in the advanced technology and mobile space thanks to industry-first Cross-Carrier pooling solutions, unparalleled coverage and a front-line portfolio.
Then let us hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, NY
55 Water Street, 32nd Floor
New York, NY 10041
101 Crawfords Corner Rd
Holmdel, NJ 07733
Salt Lake City, UT
420 E. South Temple #560
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Fantastic Perks & Benefits
Benefits are a key component of our total compensation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Long and Short Term Disability
- H1B Visa Sponsorships
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Transportation Benefits, such as TransitChek
- Discounts on Health Club Memberships
- Discounts on Phone Services
- Additional discounts through Plum Benefits
MetTel’s Hiring Process
1. Search Jobs
2. Submit Your Resume
- A completed resume with full work experience and education is required.
- Once you find a position that you wish to apply for, please email your resume to email@example.com.
3. Interviewing with MetTel
- If you meet the qualifications for one of our current job openings, we will contact you directly to set up an initial phone screen with a member of our HR team. This interview could last 10-15 minutes.
- If we decide that you may be a match for one of our open positions after our brief phone screen, we will set up an in-person interview with our HR team.
- Please be aware successful candidates are invited for multiple interviews. These may be conducted via phone, video/virtual, or on-site with the hiring manager of the position and may vary depending on location.
- Please note some candidates may be asked to complete job-specific skills assessments prior to an office visit or during an on-site interview. These skills may include a personality assessment, skills test in Microsoft Excel, or any assessments related to the qualifications of the position.
- A member of our HR team will communicate all the necessary interview details with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
4. Background Checks
- In some cases MetTel conducts credit and background checks of applicants who have accepted employment offers.
- All job offers are contingent upon passing the background check process including but not limited to a reference check.
5. For New Hires
- Most new hires start on a Monday and attend a required MetTel onboard orientation program within the first few days of being hired.
- Please bring two forms of government issued ID with you on your first day, such as state identification card, driver’s license, passport or social security card.
- During orientation, you’ll learn more about MetTel’s culture and corporate policies. You will also receive information regarding benefits and enrollment forms for some of the various perks we offer.
- More information on your first day is available from our HR Department. Please contact us at your leisure with any questions you may have.
1) Is MetTel hiring?
Yes, many of our offices are hiring motivated, customer-focused professionals to launch careers in Sales, Customer Service, Risk, Software Development & Engineering, Finance and Leadership Positions. Specific job openings and shifts may vary by location. If you are passionate, innovative and self‐motivated, we invite you to join our team.
2) Where do I apply?
Please search our careers page (http://www.mettel.net/about-mettel/careers) for jobs that you are interested in. Click the job title to learn more about the position you are interested in and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe your background is a right fit.
3) Will there be pre-employment testing?
MetTel conducts pre-employment assessments to evaluate the skills and abilities of potential candidates. Depending on the position, testing may include a review of basic skills, computerized simulations and/or technical skills assessments, such as Microsoft Excel. We also administer a personality test as part of our recruitment process. These assessments are used as tools when reviewing candidates.
4) I applied for a position, but have not heard back yet from HR. What should I do?
Once you have successfully submitted an application, our hiring team will review it. We will not follow up with your candidacy if you do not match what we are looking for here at MetTel. After reviewing the resumes of submissions, we will follow up with candidates who match the position’s background. A member of our team will send you three questions regarding background, salary, and availability.
If we decide that we would like to meet you after reviewing your responses, an email will be sent in order to schedule a brief phone screen or potentially an in-person interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a member of our team who will outline the next steps in the recruitment process.
We often utilize email to communicate with our candidates. Therefore, it is important that you frequently check your email (and "spam" folder) to ensure that you are not missing any important messages. Please make sure that your resume includes an e-mail you check frequently.
At MetTel we do our best to carefully review candidate submissions for open positions in a timely manner. However, due to overwhelming responses to certain positions we do not follow up with everyone who submits an application. After careful review, if your background does not match the position’s qualifications we may choose not to move forward with the recruiting process. You may still be contacted about other opportunities if we have open job opportunities that match your background in the future. We appreciate your patience during this process.
5) How do I set up an interview?
Once you've applied, a member of our HR team will review your information. If your knowledge, skills and abilities match what we are looking for, you will be contacted directly by phone or email. This is your opportunity to introduce yourself to us and for our team to explore your background. During this time please feel free to share information about your previous academic and employment experiences, as well as the type of position you are looking for. This will also be an excellent opportunity for you to share your salary expectations and desires related to the position you have applied for. We use this stage of the process to decide if you will be a match for our organization and for you to learn more about MetTel.
6) How many interviews does MetTel require?
Our interview process is thorough to make sure we match the right candidates for our organization and therefore multiple interviews are required. If you meet the qualifications for one of our current job openings, we will contact you directly to set up an initial phone screen with a member of our HR team. This interview could last 10-15 minutes. If we decide that you may be a match for one of our open positions after our brief phone screen, we will set up an in-person interview with our HR team. Multiple interviews may be conducted via phone, video/virtual, or on-site with the hiring manager of the position and may vary depending on location. Some candidates may be asked to complete job-specific skills assessments prior to an office visit or during an on-site interview. These skills may include a personality assessment, skills test in Microsoft Excel, or any assessments related to the qualifications of the position.
7) What will my first in-person interview at MetTel include?
When you are invited for an in-person interview please allow yourself at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled interview time to complete our employment application. A complete application with full work experience and education is required therefore please do not enter “see resume” in the application fields.
8) Does MetTel conduct background checks as part of the hiring process?
Yes, in some cases MetTel conducts credit and background checks for applicants who have accepted employment or internship offers. During the routine background investigation, we will obtain information (a "Consumer Report") about your credit history, as permitted by law, as well as other information about your personal character.
MetTel may also elect to obtain information about your character, general reputation and mode of living, through personal interviews with friends, neighbors and acquaintances (a "reference check “). If we decide to order a background check, you will receive further notice regarding your rights and acceptance.
If you have specific concerns regarding your background and would like further information about our process, please email us with your concerns.
9) Why does MetTel look at credit history when making employment decisions?
We obtain information from criminal background checks and consumer credit reporting agencies in order to maintain federal compliance with the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. This federal act regulates how insurance companies operate in the United States and also prohibits persons convicted of certain crimes or severe financial situations from being considered for employment in the insurance industry.
If you have specific questions regarding credit, please email us.
10) I can't find any open job positions. Can you assist me?
Select the position that you wish to apply for and email us about your interest. Even if you do not see a position that directly matches your background or experience please forward us your resume and let us know what type of position you are looking for. The recruitment cycle here at MetTel is ongoing and we are constantly searching for new talent to join our organization!
11) What are the qualifications needed to work at MetTel?
For careers in Sales, Customer Service, Financial Analysts, Software Development & Engineering, etc. we are looking for hardworking, customer-oriented professionals who have strong communication and computer skills, the ability to multi-task, a stable job history and the desire to build a career here at MetTel.
Our Leadership Positions in diverse departments may warrant a college degree amongst other requirements. Please review each job description for specific information to see if your background matches our qualifications.
12) How old do you have to be to work at MetTel?
For full-time jobs, applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older. Some offices offer work study, co-op or internship programs for high school or college students, respectively. In these cases, work permits for minors may be required.
13) Where will the position be located?
Our corporate office is located in Lower Manhattan at 55 Water St. However, we have several locations across the United States for which we are currently hiring. At the start of the recruitment process you will be contacted by a member of the HR team from here in NYC.
If we contact you for a position located out of the greater NYC area it is most likely for the location of which you currently reside. Specific jobs at a given location can change daily; please check our careers page to see if a position that you are interested in has opened up. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding locations and potential employment opportunities.
14) Does MetTel accept employee referrals?
We consider employee referrals for part of our recruitment process. If you see an open position that you are interested in and know someone who currently works for MetTel, please feel free to forward your resume as an employee referral.
Please be aware we will only follow up with candidates that match the requirements of the position we are currently recruiting for.
15) I was not selected to move forward with the recruitment process. What should I do now?
There are various reasons why you have not been selected for a specific position here at MetTel. We value matching candidates who fit best within our organization. We encourage you to continue checking for available positions on our careers page and please feel free to connect with us through our social network channels.
16) How long does the recruitment cycle take at MetTel?
The recruitment process at MetTel may vary and can take up to one month depending on the type of position and job location. Candidates who are not selected will be notified at the end of the process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetTel is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to hiring, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.